Last updated: May 30th, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Superpowered
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Superpowered Labs Inc, 2261 Market Street #4171.
- Country refers to: California, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Profile picture
- Usage Data
When connecting a Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook account to Superpowered, we request read and write access to Your calendar.
- Read access is needed to display your calendar events.
- Write access is needed to schedule events and RSVP to events.
We collect the following calendar data:
- Emails of attendees of the events of the connected calendar account.
- Information on calendars that are connected, including name, color, and ID.
Please note that linking a Google Calendar or an Outlook Calendar account is core to our Service and without linking either an Outlook Calendar or a Google Calendar, you will not be able to successfully use our Service.
When connecting a Slack account, we collect:
- Information about the team including the workspace name, icon
- Information of users in the workspace, including their name, email, and image
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and third party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your account and Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- To present You with a set of suggested user emails to refer.
- To facilitate automated meeting workflows for You. We have several workflows like sending email reminders to attendee emails on your calendar events. An up to date list lives in Settings -> Workflows. They are all optional and can be disabled.
- To contact and onboard new employees at Your company.
- To contact employees at Your company with disclosure regarding Our Service.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
If you are in the European Economic Area or the UK, we only process your personal information when we have a valid legal basis.
- Consent. We may use your personal information when you have given your consent to do so.
- Contractual necessity. We may use your personal information to perform our end of our contracts with you. For example, to provide you with the Services.
- Legal obligation. We may use your personal information when we are legally required to. For example, to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or to comply with a court order.
- Legitimate interest. We may use your personal information when we, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we have a legitimate interest in understanding usage and improving the Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
We use information from or about you for a variety of purposes detailed in this policy. These purposes include providing and improving our Services, communicating with you, marketing to you, preventing fraud, complying with legal requirements, and other purposes we tell you about when we collect your information. If you are based in the European Economic Area or the UK, we do so when we have a valid legal basis.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Securing Your Personal Data
Sensitive data is collected with industry-standard security practices. Data is encrypted at rest whenever possible using AES 256-bit encryption.
The Company shall determine the type and level of access granted to employees based on the “principle of least privilege.” This principle states that users are only granted the level of access absolutely required to perform their job functions, and is dictated by the Company's business and security requirements. Permissions and access rights not expressly granted shall be, by default, prohibited.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Your Right and Choices
You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
If you are located in the EEA or in the UK, you also have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time, and free of charge. However, this will result in our inability to provide you with some or all of our Services. We will apply your preferences following withdrawal of your consent and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
- You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Please note that, prior to any response to the exercise of such rights, we may require you to verify your identity. In addition, we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request and will inform you if that is the case.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
If you are located in Europe or the UK, you may alternatively write to our EU/UK representative at [email protected].